"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, November 19

Feeling Proud(er)

Spinach Salad with Root Veggies, Turkey and Pomegranate



How on earth did I end up under net today!?!?!?

This is why I rock: I didn't nibble all afternoon. When I got home and convinced the husband to take a 30-minute walk. Then I had a simple spinach, turkey and veggie salad, drank some water, made a SUPER healthy and delicious lunch for tomorrow (curry tuna salad, spinach salad, fruit, Kashis) and am going to read in bed. How fun!

I was really kind of full all afternoon. Or not really full, but I just didn't feel like eating. Wait, I take that back, I felt like pigging out on everything in the kitchen, but I knew that lunch should have kept me satisfied for HOURS so I knew better. Come 6pm, I still didn't really want anything for dinner, but I could feel hungry returning...er....fullness leaving. So I settled on a small salad and feel nice and satisfied again and happy with my day!

Husband's dinner of leftovers:



Despite the fact that I ate a little too much at lunch today, I made up for it with no snacks, plenty of exercise and healthy choices (as I said before, I could have easily doubled my lunch calories as some of my colleagues did!). THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY I AM FIT AND HEALTHY!!!

And I think I'm going to do GREAT on our actual Thanksgiving!

Total calories for Monday: ~1736

-530 thru workout and pre-dinner walk

= net of 1206.

Of course I could have consumed way more calories than I estimated, but I'm just going to have to assume I was accurate and be proud of myself!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

You should be proud of yourself - you netted 1200 calories and got to try a lot of delicious food. Great job!