"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, November 20

Best Lunch Ever Take II

Remember how good my lunch was last week when I had curried tuna, a spinach salad with roasted veggies, fruit and Kashi crackers? I made it again and it was just as good!!!

Tuna salad:
  • Packet tuna
  • 1 tbsp mayo
  • 1 squirt mustard
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 stalk celery
  • Sh!tload of curry powder :) (maybe 1.5 teaspoons?)

YUM!! And super filling.



Spinach salad with leftover veggies:



Pineapple and kiwi:



And Kashi crackers



All together for 500 calories:



with hot tea to drink



Also got in 40 minutes of walking!!!

I really wanted a homemade ginger cookie (which I didn't get to try yesterday) with a dollop of Cool Whip but the husband convinced me not to, so I brushed my teeth instead.

I've got yogurt and cranberry and Fiber One for a snack, then Taco Salads for dinner!

And 248 calories left to eat weight loss calories. Gah!! Maybe I should have a cookie.... : )

If I do, you'll see it here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! GREAT job at the Thanksgiving party...yesterday IS the perfect example of why you're fit and healthy and a great lesson to the rest of us!

Thanks for the fridge pics too, and a pantry tour would be a great idea. I love seeing what's inside other people's fridges/pantries...especially very HEALTHY people. I always read the magazine articles that track what's inside various models'/actresses'/socialites' fridges or their weekly food diaries. There's one magazine in particular, maybe Bazaar(?) that does the food diaries a lot. But, I usually don't really believe them. Once I read a little blurb that asked various famous models what was in their fridge and my favorite was the one who said, "Water. I'm a model." I appreciated her honesty ;). I did NOT appreciate the one who listed fried chicken, mac and cheese, and hot dogs! Anyway, you have a lovely fridge :).

Oh, and this is a few days delayed, but the next time you come to New York we'll definitely have to meet up!