"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, November 11

And The Weekend Ends : o (

Another fun day of cooking, relaxing and eating!!!

Lunch:
Breakfast held me over from 10 until 2pm - I love having late lunches! Of course I made roasted vegetables again, but this time they turned out to be 35 calories an oz!! That's rather high considering other batches were 20 cal. an oz. But they were just as good!! I had them for lunch over the last of last weekend's spaghetti squash and 1/2 a cup of garbanzo beans:



And had just what I was craving - Kashi crackers!!



Both with my pretty bowl:



Wish I could have had fruit and/or yogurt with lunch, but my bowl turned out to be high in calorie and pretty filling, so all was well anyways. Lunch calories ~550.

Studied nutrition all afternoon. That stuff is amazing!! The metabolic processes are so interesting - bottom line: EAT CARBS!!! They are your fuel and if you don't eat them - lots of them - your body will break down your muscles to fuel your brain because your brain can't be fueled by fat!!

Snack time:
Cranberry sauce (made a double batch!) with pear, yogurt, and flax. And a peanut butter cracker!!! I also nibbled on another oz of veggies and had 3 more Kashi crackers when I was packing my lunch. Snack calories: ~200.



Cocktail Hour:
Husband and I finished the open bottle of white. I wasn't really in the mood though, so I gave him my last oz. Way to drink intuitively!



Dinner: Taco Night!



  • Ground turkey with taco seasoning
  • Romaine
  • Sauteed bell pepper and tomatoes
  • Chipotle cheese (half a slice, sliced)
  • Plain yogurt
  • 2 crumbled Blue Corn Taco Shells (a great find - just corn and healthy oils. 2 are 140 calories!)
  • and Cholula


Dinner was delicious, but it was gone too fast and wasn't the most filing!! I had some sips of the husbands hot chocolate after, but I want to go to bed more than I want another snack. I am a little hungry and have some calories left.....what to do!?!?!

Dinner calories: 350

Sunday calories: 1576

-500 during morning run

= net of 1076.

I wonder what would make a good snack? A glass of milk??

**********************

Edited to add that I had 4 oz of warmed milk. Hot milk is GOOD!!! And perfect before bed. I would have put a CIB in it, but didn't want chocolate when I'm about to brush my teeth. Off to bed!

No comments: