"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Saturday, October 6

Wine Festival Saturday

I've been partially dreading this wine festival all week because of the unhealthy behavior associated with having over 15 wineries giving samples of at least 5 wines each all afternoon. But it's one of our favorite events of the year, and we love wine, so we're going! I guess I should start getting excited now....

Started today starving - I had a handful or two of Life cereal, a banana, and peanut butter. I have to eat a little more before my Saturday workouts because we always go later and I'm hungrier.



At the gym:
  • 30 minutes stairmaster
  • 15 minutes elliptical
  • 12 minutes hard upper body lifting
(When I say "hard" it means alternating muscles with back to back machines or moves but without rests inbetween so I keep my heart rate up). ~450 calories burned.

Back at 10:30am for my usual oatmeal breakfast. I had a big pear, which was 9 ounces and ended up being 150 calories! Geez!!! I used to always make oatmeal in the microwave, but I've found that it gets more volume and is creamier on the stovetop, so I've been dirtying up more pots each morning!



It's now 12:45 and I'm unsure if I should have lunch or just go to the wine festival now. It's only been an hour since my oatmeal, so I'm not really ready for lunch, but we're getting ancy. I'll try to report when I get back, if I can type!

Total pre-festival calories: ~550

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was the wine festival??? I SO hear you on wine (and lack of sleep) wreaking havoc on the will power, but you still always seem to better than anyone else I know!