We arrived at the wine festival at 1pm. I don't really remember much from 1-5:30, except that I tasted a lot of wine! We had a crabcake sandwich around 3:30, followed by a handful of free samples from a grocery store. Calories consumed? 1,000??? Here's a quick photo recap, including a debut of ME!
We met my mother-in-law for dinner at 5:30. We made our way through the mall (where the festival was) to kill some time.
Dinner was at a fabulous Mediterranean restaurant called M5. Although I had sobered up some by dinner, of course I decided to order a cosmopolitan! Another mistake!
We shared hummus, bread, and olive oil for appetizers as well as some escargot! I had a few bites of each. Sorry, no photos!
For dinner I had seared halibut (one of my favorite fish!) with a side of vegetables. It was AMAZING but totally covered in butter and oil. YUM!!
We also got a bottle of wine. I had a glass. Can you see a destructive pattern here?!
Then, we got TWO desserts!!!!!!!!! A raspberry-lemon tart and a molten chocolate cake. Luckily they were small, but I ate more than my share. Bad!!!
So to recap, I am embarking on a three-week master devotion to being as healthy as possible. My 25th birthday is October 26 - and I want to be as happy on my birthday with my body and health as I was on my wedding day!!
- Back to logging on Calorie King - 1226 net each day.
- Weigh myself each morning, even if I feel "full" : )
- No alcohol or sweets - I do NOT deserve them! I'll have both on 10/26
- Make it through 2 weekends of consistent eating (no "treats" because it's Saturday night)
- Keep up the healthy cooking and exercise (that's the easy part)