"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 2

Tuesday

Started the day with 2 kamut rice cakes topped with peanut butter. However, I'm not sure where the photo went!?

Workout was a happy (as opposed to miserable) 30-minutes on the Stairmaster, followed by 13 on the squirrel elliptical and 5 minutes of abs/planks.

Had another bowl of Baked Apple Oatmeal this morning. I swear this is the most delicious combination! The baked apples add bulk and lots of chew. Toasting the almonds in a pan makes all the difference. I made the oatmeal with milk to make it creamy, and sure enough it held me until lunchtime!! I also threw in 30 grams of dried cherries which added 75 calories and not too much flavor. I could've done without them. And a tsp of brown sugar. Had some eggnog tea on the side. I'm out of baked apples, though, so I'll have to switch to bananas tomorrow!





Total breakfast calories: ~600.

Moving on to lunch....



Had a sandwich on a Rudi's roll with turkey, cheese, and lettuce:



Had a side of broccoli and green peppers with leftover hummus. (These are part of the veggies I chop up on Sundays - they're so easy to add to lunches when they're already chopped!)



Also had a Fage with 1/2 cup each of cantaloupe and kiwi:



And ended lunch with a piece of pickled ginger, which I found at the grocery store. I LOVE this stuff, and threw it in with the veggies. It was a nice palate cleanser!



Total lunch calories: ~500

I had 8 Kashi crackers too, but I saved them for afternoon snack, which I'm hoping will be another big glass of skim milk like yesterday.

No walk today because I had a doctor's appt. this morning and missed some work.

But tonight is mushroom soup! I'm SO excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, how do you bake your apples? I've never done it before...any tips?! All your blogging and photos have made my hungry...and I just went to an apple orchard Saturday...so I have a lot...

Hope you have a good rest of the week!
-Meggers-