"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 2

Getting Behind

With no computer it's hard to blog! The Dell guy is coming this afternoon, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll be fixed by the time I get home. I'm actually kind of enjoying not having a computer. I still check my "absolutely necessary" things on the husband's laptop and just don't have a computer to waste time on!! I might start doing my blog at the beginning or end of the day all at once so I'm not so consumed with the time of it. Would that horribly disappoint anyone :(

Here's yesterday's recap:

Snack #1 at 3:30: Leftover Luna bar



Snack #2 at 4:30: 100 calorie kettle corn and a small glass of skim milk (leftover in the work fridge - a special treat!) This snack TOTALLY hit the spot with the mix of the sweet and salty popcorn with the cool milk.



Unfortunately, though, my snack filled me up too much for dinner! I wasn't hungry, but the husband was ready to eat at 6 and I didn't object :) But as they say, "Hunger is the best sauce" and dinner didn't taste as good as it should have. Lesson learned - no snacks after 4pm for me!

For dinner, husband slaved over the stove making meatballs and homemade tomato sauce (he's currently looking for a job, but his "day job" at the moment is chef of our household). The sauce was just as good as last time. The meat balls were delicious too, although we both thought they were missing a little something. It was all served over 1 oz of whole wheat rigatoni (which is a half serving - you really don't need much pasta when you have a lot of sauce!) and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Total calories: roughly 450.





We went for a 32-minute walk after dinner. It was gorgeous out and perfect walk weather! That brings calories burned to 626 for the day!

Total calories for the day: ~1740 (I nibbled on some small things after dinner - 3 Kashi crackers, a piece of apple, etc. for another 75 calories or so).

That total includes 50 grams of fiber!!! All from food, too. WOW!! Lentils contributed 8 grams, and the wheat pasta and big lunch salad helped. I had 18 grams at lunch alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,that would horribly disappoint me! Your blog is my all-time favorite study break! (Other than cupcakes...)