"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, October 11

Superfoods Lunch!

I was so looking forward to this lunch since it was super-healthy. I'm not walking today due to leaving early so my lunch feels a little incomplete! I'm hoping to get a walk in this afternoon though.

Super salad:
  • 1/2 a cup of mashed Navy beans
  • Lettuce
  • Avocado
  • Pomegranate seeds
  • Zucchini/squash
  • Mushroom
  • Cucumber
  • Homemade lemon-walnut oil dressing


Grapes and sliced pear-apple. I found this thing in our fridge that my mother-in-law brought over. I saw almost the same thing at Harris Teeter last week listed as a "pear-apple" cross. It was HEAVENLY! Like a vanilla-vodka infused pear. It was seriously vanilla bean flavored, which I love, but I'm assuming it was just the natural fruit (although maybe it was partially fermented or something!?). Anyways, be on the lookout for pear-apples. They look like pears in the shape of apples.



1/2 an oz of Sami's Pita Chips



Fage <3>

All together:



Total lunch calories: ~487

I'm not particularly full and my mouth wants to keep eating. I'll have to go brush my teeth and drink some more water.

We're supposed to have homemade chili (= throw a bunch of canned things in a pot) tonight, but I'm not really in the mood. But we'll probably end up doing it anyways. I've got 700+ calories left for snack and dinner. Maybe today I'll try the Larabar.


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Kath, is it an Asian Pear? I just bought some and they look like an apple and have similar nutrition information.

KathEats said...

Brenda - It could be, but I'm not sure since it just showed up in our fridge! But I saw these apple-pears at the grocery store and this one was the same apple shape. So you might be right. Do they taste like vanilla bean?

Brenda said...

Yea, a little bit in the one I just had. Here is a pic:

http://www.bouquetoffruits.com/admin/checkout.php?action=viewProduct&orderNumber=&CatalogID=10&viewProd=BF10000BF139&SearchKey=&Dynamic=1&user=