"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, October 11

FALL!!!!!!

We were supposed to have beans and rice but had a change of plans with Root Vegetables over Lentils!! The mother-in-law brought over the ingredients and we had ourselves a Fall Feast :)



Roast for 45 minutes at 400*
  • Carrot
  • Parsnip
  • Turnip
  • Mushroom
  • Taro
  • Red pepper
  • EVOO
Top over 1/2 a cup of cooked red lentils and a add a dallop of plain yogurt!



The veggies got all charred and perfectly tender. They were pretty high in calorie though, so next time we might need to mix in some lower calorie stuff like zucchini or asparagus to balance it out.

Fall entree calories: ~425

Plus 2.5 oz wine (I broke my goals, but it was only a small amount) and a 1 oz taste of the husband's homemade potato salad.

Dinner calories: ~520. Pretty high, but I'm way under for the day!

And I managed to get in a 35-minute walk too!!! 130 more calories burned.

My lunch held hunger way until the 4pm hour, but my boredom kicked in and I decided to have HALF of my LaraBar. You sure don't get much for half!! But it was the perfect little snack to tide me over until dinner.



I thought the bar was delicious, but I wasn't totally impressed by the ginger snap flavor. I wish it had been more like a cookie! But I'm sure the other flavors are great. These bars fit all my requirements - all natural (it's literally just fruit and nuts), high protein (5 grams), high fiber (5 grams). I might make having half of one a regular snack item, as bars are SOOO convenient.

The only thing is, it kind of hurt my stomach. Or at least my stomach started hurting after I ate it. There were only 2.5-3 grams of fiber in half, and my Gnu bars have 12 grams and I've eaten them whole before. So I checked on my fiber for the day: 56 GRAMS after dinner!!!!!!! DANG!!! My stomach does have a few pains in it, so I hope I'm OK tomorrow!

Total Thursday calories: 1606

-578 thru exercise

= 1028 net. Really low, but my stomach isn't in the condition to eat more, so I'm done!

No comments: