"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, October 21

Sunday

I was too sore to exercise today, but we did get a good hour walk in and I went to the mall and was on my feet for 1.5 hours shopping. We had Beef Stroganoff for dinner - it was great! I could have done without the meat though, as it just doesn't do much for me! More mushrooms instead please! And we had more wine.

Breakfast:

Oatmeal pancake with NO additives. It was extremely flat. I think it needs the baking powder, which husband said DOES affect levening. I'm so confused with these two baking things! I'll go back to adding a pinch of powder.



Pancake cross-section:









Snack:
I had some snacks at the grocery store (chicken sample, cookie sample, cheese sample) but I canceled them out with the walking I did while shopping.

Lunch:

Leftover lentil loaf over homemade wheat bread with melted brie (it wasn't really that good)



Leftover slaw with yogurt and maple (that was good)





And some chocolates:



Also had some sips of wine (husband had some for lunch!)

Snacks:

Spent the afternoon making spaghetti squash for lunches and cranberry sauce, which I decided to make on a whim to stir into oatmeal and yogurt! I ate some of both!





Got an hour walk and 1.5 of shopping in the afternoon.

Dinner:

Beef Stroganoff with mushrooms and yellow pepper. I made the base, weighed it, and then added the meat separately to get accurate calories. It was quite filling! Can you see we're on a kick with the old fashioned comfort food recipes?



Side: Lime-scented green beans. If I learned anything from the Tuna Casserole night it's I need a pile of veggies if I'm not having a heaping portion of main course. These were DELICIOUS!



And a hefty glass of wine after I drank 2/3 (we have two open bottles and are trying to get rid of them!)



Total Sunday calories: 1411

-275 thru walk and some shopping (which I guessed less on)

= net of 1132.

I'm pretty full and must go read in bed now. I could easily fill up these calories with some chocolate or something, but I'm probably better off just assuming I had more bites of things than I realized today and calling it quits.

Night!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hi Kath, I've been searching for a lentil loaf recipe that looks good and I think I'm going to try Molly Katzen's (Goddess of Vegetarian Cooking) Lentil-Walnut Burgers. You could make it into a loaf instead of burgers. I will email you the recipe.