"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, October 22

New Fall Recipe

Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal



Made a new oatmeal recipe today!!! It was delicious:
  • Silk Vanilla Soymilk (which I used a cup of and it didn't absorb well - next time I'll go back to half skim/water)
  • 3 oz homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce
  • 20 grams toasted walnuts (this was a lot of calories - might switch back to toasted almonds)
  • Cinnamon
  • Splash egg whites (to firm up the liquidy oats - but this actually might be a new addition of mine for the extra protein. Kind of like an oatmeal pancake! And the egg whites don't even have to be cooked, but I still microwaved it for 30 seconds.)


Before my workout - 3.5 oz banana with 5 grams PB:



Workout was 45 minutes elliptical (i'm STILL sore from hiking uphill and thought the stairmaster might be a bad idea!) and then I got in some good upper body lifting. 380 calories burned.

Total Breakfast Calories: ~530.

I went shopping yesterday (Happy Birthday to me on Friday - I decided to shop BEFORE my birthday this year so I'd have nice clothes to wear ON it!!) Got three pairs of pants for $80 at Ann Taylor Loft (I had coupons). One of the pairs was only THREE DOLLARS!!!!!!! $3.77 - amazing! They are awesome, fit me perfectly, and go really well with my new orange sweater and Aerosoles wedges that I bought. It's a total Fall outfit and it's putting me in a really good mood! And for someone with short, stocky legs, I sure look long and lean in these pants! I also got 2 sweaters at Old Navy. I'm all set for Fall! Except that I still can't find jeans that fit....

I've got a great lunch today!!!

No comments: