"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, October 7

Sunday

Started Sunday with a hazy bowl of oatmeal, yogurt, banana, plum, and weetabix. I totally did NOT enjoy this breakfast.



I felt horrible this morning. Just like a truck ran over me! But somehow, and I have no idea how, I went for a 6 mile run!! I was feeling so blah at 10:30 I just though maybe a run would help. It did! I went really far away, and actually thought I'd ran closer to 7 miles than 6. My foot is bothering me tonight, but I"m sure glad I went.

We had an early lunch around 11:15 before we headed to the grocery store.

I had a turkey and cheese sandwich, panini-style with a little butter:



Sliced pear:



And a salad with broccoli (blanched), romaine and leftover vegetables topped with balsamic and Fiber One. It wasn't very good and I only ate half:





Mid-afternoon I had a cup of cereal:



I also nibbled a lot today - a grape here, a cracker there. But I logged it all. I managed to get some Kashi crackers on the camera:



Dinner was great! Robin Miller's Orange Chicken (can you tell we've been watching her show a lot recently!?). Basically a chicken breast seared and topped with orange juice (we used fresh from an orange), dijon, thyme and cornstarch sauce. I added the zest of the orange and it really added to the dish. We also sauteed some zucchini and topped it all over a half portion of basmati rice:





I ended the night with some pumpkin topped with walnuts, a date and brown sugar:



Total calories today: ~1821

-500 from run
-100 more from cleaning the garage

= Net of 1232 - just over my limit!! But I'm also pretty hungry despite the pumpkin. Perhaps I'm dehydrated?

I've got a ton of healthy things planned this week. Tofu stir-fry curry, Fish Tacos, Pasta with pesto and spinach, and Beans and Rice. Can't wait to post them all!

No comments: