"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 16

Speedy Lunch

My client media interviews went well and I met the husband at EarthFare for lunch. I didn't get there until 1pm and was only moderately hungry (really more "fuel deprived" than hungry), which meant that my breakfast did a great job (even though I did have a small cracker/cereal snack attack at 10am). Although I went a little overboard with the cinnamon pita chips, all was delicious and veggie-loaded.

Big salad:
  • Mixed greens
  • Purple cabbage
  • Green beans
  • Asparagus
  • Yellow squash
  • 1 cauliflower
  • Mushrooms
  • 4 strawberries
  • Ginger baby carrots (5)
  • Sun-dried tomatoes (3)
  • Small amount of brown rice (.2 cup?)
  • 1/2-3/4 cup of cubed chicken (with some mixers but I counted these in by overestimating everything else)
  • 1 tbsp lighter blue cheese dressing (for the lettuce on the bottom)


Here are the delicious cinnamon-sugar pita chips that I went overboard on. I probably had a little more than an oz, which is 90 calories. They are REALLY low-cal for what you get!! Visit www.samisbakery.com for more on the Millet and Flax Chips line. HEAVEN in a pita chip!



With some sparkling water:



I also nibbled on the husband's split pea soup and dinner roll - but I logged those bites as well!

Total lunch calories: ~500. Not bad!!

No walking today, but I guess I can skip it every now and then. We got some spelt English muffins and two kinds of homemade hummus at the store. Can wait to try them!

No comments: