"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 30

Ouch!!

Note: gross photos ahead!!!

Monday I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work. When I started feeling better, I went to cut open some frozen salmon to defrost for dinner and jammed a knife through the two salmon patties and into my finger..........3 hours in the ER, almost fainting twice, 4 stitches, 3 PAINFUL needles, lots of tears, a tetanus shot later, here i am. My finger was stiff all day but didn't hurt too much.



I noticed this cut on the opposite side of my finger....now there's no way the knife came out the other side......right??? But where else could this have come from!?!?!?!? It hurts more than the cut part!



Here's a photo recap of some meals. Husband made the best butternut soup while I sat meekly on the couch. He used Pacific butternut and carrot soups as the base and simmered carrot, parsnip and squash in it, then pureed with our hand blender. It hit the spot!







Yogurt and cranberry sauce:



The evil salmon burgers with butternut fries and sugar snaps:







And a pumpkin cake for dessert (made with egg whites and cocoa!)

No comments: