"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, October 15

New Creation

Just go ahead and skip to dessert!

Dinner:

For dinner I ended up reasoning that I needed to eat up both the bagel and our goat's cheese, and that I needed vegetables with it, so I toasted the bagel, topped with 20 grams goat cheese, and some grilled veggies (thanks, husband!)



Had a side salad with more of the veggies, lemon-tahini dressing, and pomegranate seeds:



What a colorful dinner!



Total dinner calories: 465, thanks to a big bagel!

Husband and I got in a great 30-minute walk after dinner while catching up on our days : )

Dessert:


Now for dessert!!! I came across a fellow CK member who has a blog who posted this recipe for a chocolate pumpkin cake. You can find Cakegrrl here!

So I LOVE pumpkin and of course chocolate, and of course anything with volume! So I whipped up this concoction. I attempted to double the recipe but still wanted to use egg whites and not a whole egg, so I need to work on my portions. Here's what I put in:
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 tbsp egg whites
  • cinnamon
  • Some sugar-free vanilla syrup made with splenda
  • Some more splenda
  • Touch of vanilla


And the grand finale after 2-3 interrupted minutes in the microwave:



It was great!!!!!!!! Rather bitter, but definitely cured my craving for chocolate and a gooey cake. I drizzled a little maple syrup on top. If I ate fake foods, I would have loved to blob some Cool Whip on top - or even better - frosting! I think next time I'm going to try a real egg, as I imagine the yolk adds a lot. And I'm going to let it cook longer (tonight I was afraid it was going to burn so I kept stopping the microwave).

And the calories? 110!! Perfect for a dessert - and quite filling too!

Thanks, Cakegrrl!

Calories:


Total Monday calories: 1788

-668 thru exercise (thanks to TWO walks!)

= net of 1121. Still have 100 calories left, but I'm off to bed to read a book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am definitely going to try that microwave cake! What a neat idea...reminds me of the easy bake oven days!