"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, September 21

Starving

I'm starving today and I know why: lack of sleep! I'm pretty tired today and I've noticed that I always have insatiable hunger when I get tired by the end of the week. Wish I could sleep in tomorrow, but I gotta get up early!

Salad bar lunch was bad because I was so hungry I thought I needed a lot of toppings (and I probably do, but with toppings come calories!)

On my salad:
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Sprouts
  • Shredded carrots
  • Broccoli
  • Peppers
  • 1/2 c marinated tofu (mmmmmm!!)
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 8 or so sesame crunchers
  • 1/4 c of pasta salads (2 kinds)
  • 1 tbsp ginger dressing (on the side)


Tofu:



Pasta salads (one with orzo and one with soba noodles):



I also had a Fage yogurt (since I was starving!)



So I should have stopped there, but I couldn't resist the muffin samples. I had 2 LARGE pieces, probably the equiv. of 1/2 a small muffin. I also had a cracker sample before lunch.

THEN I came back to the office and had a bite of a leftover bagel! Bad behavior, but I was just not satisfied.

Lunch calories: 650. Most of which came from the tofu and muffin/bagel bites.

That brings me to 1300 for the day. Yikes!! I have celery with 1 tbsp PB for a tentative snack, which will put me up to 1400. A modest 400-500 calorie dinner would be perfect. Let's hope my hunger doesn't override my brain tonight!

And I did burn 425 calories this morning. And I have had a rather light week - being under 1300 net for a few days now, so I shouldn't beat myself up. I should just get more sleep!

No comments: