"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, September 19

Pizzer!

So remember my realization about how brushing my teeth means I don't want to snack (shocking, right!?) Well it worked today, big time. I brushed at 3pm because I wanted to munch and wasn't hungry and I didn't get hungry until 5:00!!! And I didn't even have that big of a lunch. Because I knew I was having homemade pizza in an hour, I resisted snacking (and hummus still wasn't that appealing with toothpaste taste) so I skipped my snack. Oh my gosh, I didn't die of hunger without a snack! Go me!!

So of course what did I celebrate with? A beer. But I only had 2/3 of it and gave the rest to the husband. Nice choice. (90 calories vs. 150)



Husband worked on the homemade dough (his specialty - you could just buy it refrigerated at the store. I hear Trader Joe's is really good) and roasted some grape tomatoes and zucchini in the oven for the toppings. Note his pretty wedding ring!!







Pizza toppings included:
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • 5 slices zucchini
  • Leftover homemade tomato sauce mixed with some spaghetti squash (about 50 cals)
  • 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
  • Fresh basil from the garden





I have to say though, it wasn't as good as when we grilled the crust. So I think we'll go back to that next time.
Pizza calories: ~510 (I could have done with half the cheese, but I knew I had the room for it)

Wednesday calories: 1629.

-500
through workout and 35 minutes walking.

Net= 1129 (Too low - and I'm a little bit hungry)


.........................Which is why I decided to make tapioca!



This will add another 100 to my day and get in a serving of dairy and a bit more protein.

And I am totally making another Banana Foster Pancake tomorrow!


No comments: