"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, September 20

Big Breakfast

Morning! I'm stuffed! Had a big breakfast, so I sure hope it lasts me until lunch.

Half a Kashi bar before the gym:



Workout:
45 minutes elliptical (I wanted to run but my magazine was too good!) + 10 minutes upper body free weights = ~400 calories burned.

Banana Foster Pancake
+ Smoothie made with fresh peach, blueberries, frozen tropical fruit, 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1/2 c milk, and flax + Coffee.



My smoothie actually kind of sucked today. Not sure if it was the peach, the lack of banana, the fewer-than-normal amount of blueberries or the new frozen tropical fruit I got. It was kind of watered down?? : * (



But pancake was superb!!



Total breakfast: ~ 675 calories (yikes! But that includes half a leftover Kashi bar that I'll save for the afternoon and I have raw veggies for a snack and dinner at the dining hall, so I should be fine to balance it out)

I'm going out to lunch with a client today and it would be inappropriate for me to take my camera, so I'll have to skip that photo. But I'll be sure to recap the meal!

Last night's tapioca pudding, topped with a tsp of Grape Nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup for about 125 calories:

No comments: