"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, September 14

Nerd Alert: Raw Veggies

I used to think people who ate raw veggies were nerds. Guess I'm one of 'em. The secret to vegetables is finding ones that you LIKE. I'm not a fan of raw carrots (the most popular "raw veggie snack") but I LOVE raw zucchini, squash and bell peppers. I'm working on cucumbers. They still need a dip.

Lunch lasted me until FIVE O'CLOCK today (although I did eat an hour later than usual). And I wasn't even really hungry at 5 either! I decided to have it anyways because it's not something that's easily "saved for tomorrow" and I don't want to go to dinner hungry tonight. Had I been eating at home, I might have saved the snack.

So I munched away!

1 cup raw veggies, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 tsp honey mustard for dipping/mixing with yogurt (that's the gross looking orange stuff!):

No comments: