"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Saturday, September 29

The Most Perfect Fall Saturday

Slept with the windows open last night and we were FREEZING early this morning. Around 6:30 I went and got the down comforter from the linen closet, and boy did that feel good. The weight and warmth resulted in sleeping until 8:00!! (That's late for me on Saturday).

Decided to get up and workout promptly today rather than pitter around for a few hours. Had a banana and PB before I left:



Workout was 30 minutes on the Stairmaster, 10 minutes elliptical, and 10 minutes free weight lifting, for about 400 calories burned.

On the way home, we stopped and got coffee. I got cinnamon-flavor with 4 oz of steamed skim milk (he measured exactly). I skipped the sugar-free syrups because I'm trying to cut back. It was still good, but not as good as it coulda been!



Continuing the Fall theme, I made another batch of cooked apples. I wasn't really hungry (thanks to lots of sleep, a big pre-workout breakfast, and the coffee) so I had a half portion of oatmeal. I topped it all with a chopped date and some toasted almonds that I browned in a pan. The almonds added the perfect touch!





Now on to lunch...

No comments: