"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, September 28

Fall Friday

So as I said before, dinner had a leftover theme and a Fall theme, well really just baked apples. I was having a major craving for them after seeing them in another food blog! What I came up with was quite strange, and probably not my best recipe, but I do have to note that the baked apples were DEE-licious!

Upon arriving home from work, I settled on the couch with a half glass of wine, followed by a few oz more, to watch "Good Eats" with the husband. Total wine about 5 oz?



Here are my apples cooking. About 4 oz of apple (it was a smallish one) with just enough water to cover and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. I simmered this on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes until all the water was gone. I also added some dried tart cherries about mid-way through. Yum!



In the meantime, I sauteed 1/2 a zucchini with 2.6 oz of leftover turkey in a dirty (fatty) pan the husband used to cook a slice of bacon. I de-glazed the pan with a splash of our red wine!

Also cooked on the stovetop: 2 oz of rotini and a cup of frozen green beans.

Once the apples were done, I tossed them all together in a bowl:



It was quite delicious!



Total dinner calories: ~420
Wine calories: ~120

After we cleaned the kitchen (and watched more "Good Eats"!) we set out on a 26-minute walk. Another 100 calories burned!

Diner brings my day up to about 1635 calories.

-540 for exercise.

= net of 1100. Geez! I can't believe I wasn't hungry, but I guess that's what protein and veggies do to you! Perhaps I do need to go read the new "Calories In/Out" book on carbs. He might be on to something...

No comments: