"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, September 17

I Love Sandwiches

Oh how I've missed deli sandwiches! I had lunch with a friend of mine at my new favorite sandwich shop (yep, the same place I went on Friday - different sandwich though!). Today I got the following:

"Steve's Sandwich"
  • Hummus
  • Avocado
  • Tomato
  • Red pepper
  • Lettuce
  • Honey mustard
  • on Cran-Walnut Bread (freshly baked!)


Oh my gosh was it delicious! I also had unsweet tea and a green apple:



Around 11:00 I had the second half of my Kashi bar:



Sorry for so much silver wrapper!!! It's quite blinding.

The sandwich was incredible - except for the garlic I'm tasting from the homemade hummus. This sandwich shop might become a regular habit, which might not be the best thing for my waistline!

Lunch Calorie Estimate:
  • Bread: 200
  • Avocado: 80
  • Hummus: 100
  • Veggies: 25
  • Mustard: 25
  • Apple: 60
Total: ~500 calories

I also got in about 25 minutes of walking to and from the sandwich shop = -100ish calories.

I've got a yogurt and strawberries to have later this afternoon. Dinner is leftovers, although I'm not sure which ones!

Until then...

No comments: