"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, September 4

Hot Lunch



Went to my usual park spot for lunch. It was so nice in the shade, but it sure did get hot when I went out walking!! I love this park and pavilion, but there are a lot of flies, so I may need to find a new spot.

Lunch was:
  • Leftover orange-scented quinoa salad with 1.5 oz turkey breast meat, carrots, cucumbers, Italian beans, peas, corn and a few orange segments.
  • A big apple, sliced
  • Stonyfield plain low-fat yogurt with a weetabix crumbled in (not in the photo)
  • I also splurged on a caffeine-free acid water, as I didn't have a water bottle and thought some liquid was better than none.
Quinoa salad up close:



Then I went for a 20-minute walk while I chatted with my mom on the phone. Hot!!! I'm hoping to get another walk in this evening after dinner with the husband.

On the dinner menu: pork, vegetable and hominy soup!

No comments: