"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, September 5

Boredom Hunger

I am a complete boredom eater. Two days in a row now, I've fought "hunger" all afternoon. I don't know if it's real hunger - it's more of an empty feeling in my stomach (like a pit) than growling.

In the mornings when I get hungry, usually around 11 a.m. if I have a normal big breakfast, my stomach starts to growl. It rumbles. I am clearly hungry.

But in the afternoons, when the clock ticks soooooo slowly, I have to stop and ask myself, "Am I really hungry?"

I read somewhere recently that if you have to stop and ask if you're hungry, then you're not really hungry. Hunger is real - you just know.

So I guess that means that my afternoon stomach feeling is really just boredom.

But how do I get rid of boredom eating if I can't get rid of being bored!!!!

No comments: