"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, August 31

Snacks + Dinner


Man, I ate too much today!!


I left work at 3pm and headed to Queens to pick up my parking pass and buy my $160 textbook for my Nutrition course. I decided not to have my yogurt at work so I was pretty hungry when I got home.

The solution? A smoothie! 1 cup of low-fat yogurt + 1/2 cup frozen blackberries + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. It was thick, and rather yogurty, but delicious. Yet it only satisfied my hunger 80%. I wanted some carbs, but knew I was having a lot for dinner, so I tried to find other distractions.

For dinner we had my college roommate over. She's of Middle Eastern decent so we did a Mediterranean feast for her. I think she liked it!

The Menu:

Homemade grilled flatbread:



And whole wheat couscous tossed with grilled zucchini and squash and curry-cumin marinated chicken. There was tons of plain yogurt involved in true Middle Eastern style!



I also had two 3 oz glasses of wine, one while cooking and one with dinner:



Husband decided to mix the couscous, veggies and chicken all together so it was really hard to judge how much I had of each. I estimated 3/4 a cup of couscous and 1/3 a cup each of zucchini, chicken, and plain yogurt. I also ate too much flatbread - but I did weigh it before hand and am guessing I ate about 2.75-3 oz worth, roughly 200 calories.

Friday Recap:

Here's summary of calories for the day. I'm still under 2,000, which is my daily target now that I'm in maintenance, but since I've felt like I've gained a little, I wish I wasn't quite so high. Leaving out the wine would have helped!

Kashi bar 140
Cereal 100
Fiber One 30
Strawberries 50
Banana 75
Milk 90


Roll 150
Turkey 55
Chez 80
Avocado 30
Veggies 15
Hummus 40
Apple 100


Yogurt 130
Blackberries 50
Raspberries 40


Nibbles 75


Wine 150
Chicken 100
Marinade 25
Couscous 125
Flatbread (?) 200
Zucchini 20
Yogurt 50
Beer sip
25








Total 1945




Exercise -500


Net 1445







No comments: