"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, November 25

Wrapping up with Sunday

What a cloudy overcast day! Fits my mood somewhat :( Since we were staying at someone else's house, we decided not to get up and run in the morning. I think I'm actually going to take today off of exercise, as I haven't had a day off in a long time. It's raining out, but we're going to try to get in a walk before dinner to get some movement in.

Breakfast:
I brought some plain instant oatmeal and a pear for breakfast. Also found some almonds in my purse (which I keep in there for emergencies) so I had all of that for breakfast. It was delicious!!



Plus coffee with some skim milk:



Breakfast calories: ~289. Rather low! But that's a good thing, I suppose!

Lunch:
I couldn't decide what I wanted for lunch. Husband's mom came over with her friend and we were still with his brother as well, so there was a crowd. I decided on a bowl of leftover vegetables and a piece of Ezekiel toast. Along with some tea.







I was still a little hungry, so I had plain yogurt with cranberry sauce afterwards.



Lunch calories: 469.

Snack:
Went grocery shopping (LOVE grocery shopping!!!) and got healthy food for the week. I'm so excited about the meals I have planned. I definitely want to have my curry tuna salad for lunch tomorrow :) Anyways, I have been enjoying Carnation Instant Breakfasts in milk as hot chocolate, but I always have to use half a packet and hate having to save the other half, so I investigated other options in canisters (I can't find the No Sugar Added kind in a canister). So I got some NSA Nesquik. It's great!! It's very similar to the CIB's but isn't made with dried milk and doesn't have as many vitamins, but I think it'll do find until I get the courage to just order a canister online. I've hesitated because I think I might not drink it all if I buy it and pay for shipping and all. Dumb excuse, but at least I have a temporary solution.

8 oz of milk with 2 tbsp Nesquik. It was delicious!!! 125 calories.



We're making homemade butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. I'm pretty starving now at 4:30 and hope I can make it without needing another snack.

See you then!

No comments: