"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, November 8

Long Day!!

Dining Hall Super-Healthy Smörgåsbord



Whew it's been a long day!! Being up since 4:45, it's way past my bedtime, but I couldn't resist posting my dinner tonight since it was a good one and I have new friends following the blog!!!

Good selections in the dining hall: brown rice, black beans, good soup - yum! And I got in 25 minutes of walking before dinner too - so refreshing! GO ME!

Salad with mixed greens, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, 1 tsp honey mustard, 1/2 tbsp raisins and a few wontons for some excitement!



Tomato soup (1 cup) with raw broccoli and mushrooms from the salad bar. I also added in about 6 croûtons, which I normally would never eat, but they seemed like just the right touch to tomato soup - I was right - YUM!!



And 1 cup of rice with 1/4 cup black beans - I passed on the refried bean burritos, although they looked good!



All together: ~ 450 calories.

Had an apple during our break in class. It was good, but it didn't do much!



Total Thursday calories: ~1700

-513 in workout and walk

= net of 1180.

I'm pretty hungry right now, but I have GOT to get in bed!!! I'll have an extra surprise at breakfast.

No comments: