"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, November 9

Mix it Up Breakfast



I bounded out of bed this morning at 4:55 a.m. - not sure why since the husband disrupted my sleep when he got home at 1 a.m. from his event and I got home late and got to bed late. Guess I was excited for a good cycle class and the weekend!

Pre-workout
I had the last of my Ezekiel bread and some PB:



Workout:
Excellent spinning class
this morning!! 60 minutes of hard, sweaty cycling and an amazing 526 calories burned!! My heart rate monitor was in the upper 160's most of the ride - I think our instructor must have had some extra energy, or maybe it was just me!? The only bad part was that the man beside me had garlic, beer and cigarettes for dinner last night because he smelled HORRIBLE! Luckily I was sweating out Chanel Chance to balance out the smells : )

Breakfast:

I was all excited about another day of PB oatmeal, but the husband brought home these mini croissants from his event last night - a whole bag of them! I weighted them at about 1 - 1.25 oz each, about 140 calories. Literally the last time I had a croissant was in the 10th grade when my family took a trip to Paris, so I decided to treat myself and heated one in the oven. It was good, but it was gone too quickly to be worth 140 calories!

Here it is with 10 grams PB and some jam:



Also had 4 oz cottage cheese with the rest of my cranberry sauce (time to make another batch!) and 1/2 a serving of Fiber One to combat the lack of fiber in my 'grain'



And finally, 6 oz of sliced pear. I got these green smallish ones and they are SO GROSS!!! I love the brown ones with the gritty skin, but they are so huge. I thought the smaller ones would be a good portion, but it was like a green pear + a water chestnut - all hollow and watery. I still ate it though for the nutrients and the 5 grams of fiber!



All together for ~450 calories + 110 from toast = 550 breakfast



Husband is coming up for lunch at the Down YMCA next to my office. They have good soups and sweet potatoes! YUM!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your great spinning class this morning! Sounds like your Friday is off to a great start, and you have more fun to look forward to for lunch, too! -Meg-

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing the "fit from within" rationale about eating three meals a day...if you only eat three times, you only have to stop three times. Brilliant!