"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 23

Pancake Goldilocks

I can't get the pancakes right again!! I made it today without mashed banana and it turned out all dry and flat. I used baking POWDER too. Humph!



Also had small smoothie with banana, frozen blueberries and raspberries, kefir, and flax.





We've got a breakfast meeting at work today (they're bringing in Bojangles' biscuits, which I found out have trans-fats so I won't be partaking) so I'm taking iced coffee to have during that with 1/2 a cup of soy milk.

Before my workout - 1/2 spelt muffin with PB:



Workout was Stairmaster (nice and sweaty!) plus wasted time on a frustrating bike that doesn't work, plus 10 minutes squirrel elliptical, plus some abs. 415 burned!

Have an EXCELLENT lunch packed for today. Lots of nutrient-dense but low-cal foods like spaghetti squash and sauce. Can't wait!! We have a lunch meeting ("so we don't interrupt your busy days, we'll interrupt the one break you get during the day") so I don't think I'll get a walk in and I'll need to eat lunch early so I don't have to eat during a meeting (which is a horrible way to intake food and enjoy the pleasures of a mid-day meal!).

In other news, I've been waking up dreaming about recipes, food, and ........oatmeal, I think. I haven't been sleeping that great, which I blame on it being warm and I'm too hot under the covers, but last night at 12:30 I'm pretty sure my mind was racing with thoughts of what to have for breakfast. Will it ever stop!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! OMG...I totally have been dreaming of food and recipes, too! I wonder if it's because I was looking up turkey meatloaf recipes online before bed last night...?

Anyways...your perspective on the candy corn was not harsh in any way. :-) You are totally right...I know that if I buy it...I'll eat it. And, there is nothing great about sugar candy. I MIGHT buy some and keep it in my office at work...that way, I'll only mibble a few a day..and it won't be at my home...I usually nibble the most in the evenings...so we'll see.

Well, have a great day! -Meggers-