"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, October 4

Nutrition Thursday

Class tonight!! I'm so excited. We get our exams back. I'm going to be mad if I get less than a 100 because it means I made a careless mistake. I'll be sure to let you all know how I did! The topic tonight is lipids. The text book chapter was pretty detailed. I'll say it now and I'll probably say it 1,000 times in the future: I cannot believe how elaborate and amazing the body is!

Pre-breakfast today was 1/3 of a Kashi Honey Flax Bar. I was pretty starving and broke off more than half. I'll save the other 1/3 for class tonight.



Workout was 30 minutes stairmaster (extra sweaty today!) plus 8 mins elliptical and 15 minutes lifting. ~400 calories burned (still missing my heart rate monitor : ( )

Couldn't decide what to have for breakfast. I wanted oatmeal, but I've had that 3 days in a row so I settled on a smoothie and Kashi blueberry waffle.

Smoothie was:
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 3 oz banana
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 3/4 cup frozen tropical fruit
I left out the milk to keep the calories lower - and we're running out! Also left out the flax seeds today. Just thought I should reduce calories a little since my smoothie breakfasts are always so high.



I like my Kashi waffles burned so I usually microwave them a little before toasting. This one was in too long and got too soggy, so it wasn't the greatest. I topped it with a little maple syrup:



Also had coffee - hazelnut and French vanilla:



Breakfast calories (including Kashi bar): ~560

No comments: