"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, October 19

New Discovery

So who knew the cafe in the YMCA a block from my office had such an awesome selection?! I went in the other day to discover that they have a full hot bar (with meats and veggies, albeit buttered veggies) and baked sweet potatoes EVERY DAY!!! They also have two soups each day, yogurt, smoothies, sandwiches, black bean burger, and more. How nice!

The husband met me for lunch and a walk. We did 40-minutes of walking and had a REALLY filling comfort food lunch.

On the Menu:

Small sweet potato (~5 oz) with a tiny bit of butter



Cup of chicken, rice and bean soup, which I logged as 200 calories based on CK estimates.



About 3/4 an oz of husband's buttery, full-fat corn bread muffin (logged as 75 cal?):



Fruit from shared fruit cup:



And unsweet tea:



All together:



Total lunch calories: ~500. Pretty good considering how full I was on our walk!

Husband's meal - baked potato topped with mac and cheese and green beans. I had a bite of each, which I logged.



Breakfast held me fine, but I had some trail mix at 11:15 so I wouldn't be starving when I got to the Y:



We're having my sister and her boyfriend for dinner tonight.

On the menu:

Baked Chicken Breasts stuffed with Apples, Herbs, and Stilton
Roasted Root Vegetables (sweet potatoes, etc.)
Herbed Brown Rice

~~~

Hot Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sounds dangerous! I'll try not to have wine too....

No comments: