"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, October 25

Healthy Lunch

Lunch was good, but would have been REALLY good with Kashi crackers instead of gross Ryvita ones. They are too dry, but I bought them months ago and need to eat them.

Salmon salad with reduced fat mayo, mustard, dill, paprika, chopped carrot, zucchini and yellow pepper.



Served on Ryvita Oat and Rye crackers (3 broken):



Kiwi, pear and pomegranate:



The most delicious combo ever = plain yogurt and homemade cranberry sauce:



And trial mix for dessert (I couldn't resist - but luckily all the chocolate pieces are gone!)



Total lunch calories: ~550:



Had hot tea (Eggnog with soymilk) at 10:00:



And at 11:00 I had half a Kashi bar (saved the other half for my class)



I'm having those emotions of "I just want to eat" and shove food in my mouth - but HEALTHY food. I don't want donuts or cake, I want nuts, bread, crackers, fruit. I just want to eat! I'll probably up my net soon, but I need to get through my birthday weekend first - there are a lot of dangerous eating events involved! My goal is to feel like I had a wonderful, healthy birthday on Sunday night. That I truly enjoyed myself, but that I respected my body at the same time. I'll be sure to update you on how that goes!

Remember after the wine festival three weeks ago how I wanted to feel strong and firm and happy about my body on my birthday? I did it! : ) That's what 3 weeks of clean eating will do.

Reminder: you won't see me again until tomorrow b/c I get home late tonight.

Tomorrow at 9:35 a.m. I will be TWENTY FIVE years old. Man, I'm almost 30!

No comments: