"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, October 30

Catered Lunch

So in fear of eating too much, I ate too little! At our catered lunch (by McAlister's Deli) I took a tiny turkey sandwich (he looks big but was only about 3" long), removed the cheese (because I couldn't even taste it), added mustard. I had two pickles and an apple that I brought.





Then I was still hungry so I got a Diet Acid Water to help fill me up:



Then I did some quick math and realized I could have a bite of cookie....(which wasn't worth it so I only ate half)



And a bite of brownie (which was totally worth it). I had another one of these at 2pm!



So I came back and logged it all and realized I was just around 300 calories!! Geez! I know I didn't work out this morning, but I still needed a bit more. Found these pita chips from Friday and knew that's EXACTLY what I wanted. Weighed them at .5 an oz (which was only 25 more calories) and I ate them too fast.



Then I went for a 40 minute walk!! GO ME!! Way to fit it in. If I'd been on a health streak, I would just accept that I'm going to maintain today, but after this weekend's eating fest, I need to lose some, so not exercising and trying to net 1226 is impossible. The walk bumped me up and lot and I'm hoping for another tonight. I should be able to fit it all in then!

Morning snacks:

Half a leftover Kashi bar:



And some trail mix (add a few more peanuts to this that snuck into my mouth before the camera got them!)



I've got pear and Fage for snack. Then leftover soup and Kashi crackers for dinner. Yum!

This day is going by fast thanks to the morning meetings and a 4pm conference call. Can't wait to go home and hang out with the husband!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Kath, did you use any sugar or sugar substitute in your cranberry sauce?

KathEats said...

I used about 6 packets of splenda for the whole bag of cranberries simmered in 1 cup of water. I like them tart though!