"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, October 31

Back to Routine

It was nice to get back to my workout routine. Finger is much better today - I'm using it normally, although slowly. I was able to wash my own hair (I think the husband was disappointed :) )

Pre-workout breakfast today was 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1 tsp PB and I forgot to photograph it!! I think because I didn't have my normal toast and PB. Sorry!

Workout: 30 minutes stairmaster (with super-high heart rate today for some reason!?), 13 minutes stat bike, 7 minutes light abs/lunges/squats. Finger did great, although I don't see myself being able to grip a free weight for a few days at least. 400 calories burned.

Changed up breakfast today! Had an "eggwich" with some Cabot reduced-fat cheese



Plus 4 oz Kefir with kiwi, flax and pomegranate seeds. This had REALLY good texture! If you like plain yogurt, give Kefir a try. It's like yogurt with more tang and more liquidy. Perfect to pour over fruit so you don't have to dirty a spoon scooping out yogurt from a tub!



And a hazelnut coffee with sugar-free English toffee syrup and 2 oz milk. Yum!



Total breakfast calories: ~575. Rather high today, but I'll keep the morning snack to a few almonds if I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your finger is doing a bit better today. Have a good day! :) -Meggers-