"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, September 26

Life + Lunch

Went to the DMV this morning to get my license renewed. What a headache!!! I had to go to THREE different DMV locations plus an ATM at a gas station. The DMV near my house (and the only one in south Charlotte ) had a line 50 people deep out the door at 8am. So I had the husband navigate me by cell phone to the Express location (across town in a sketchy neighborhood) only to find out their camera was broken and I'd have to come back another day!! The woman there was very nice and directed me to the third location, even further outside of town. Luckily I did not have to wait long, however, I got to the counter and was told they don't take credit cards. The man was very nice though and told me to run to the gas station across the street to the ATM there, so I got in my car again (would have walked but he said not to in the sketchy neighborhood), only to find out the ATM was BROKEN!!! Luckily the gas station manager let me do cash back, and I now have a license that doesn't expire until 2015. Whew!!! Although the experience was horrendous, the DMV employees were all very nice and helpful.

***********

So the husband and I have an observation/debate (although there's really no contention) about our breakfasts. He always has eggs, meat, fruit and bread and I always have oatmeal/cereal with fruit and dairy. I used to have eggs a lot, but since I switched to a more filling breakfast, I think that eggs dont' hold me over very long.

Last week I made him oatmeal made with milk, fruit and nuts and he said he was hungry an hour later (it lasted me about 4 hours). Well as you saw earlier, the husband made me an egg breakfast this morning and you know what? It held me all the way until noon! Now I did have a stressful morning, so that could have delayed hunger, but I guess he wins the debate.

***********

On to lunch.........



On the menu:
  • Sandwich
    • Turkey
    • 1/2 oz avocado
    • Cucumber
    • Mustard
  • 1/2 serving of Kashi crackers
  • Raw jicama and zucchini with 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • Stonyfield plain yogurt
  • 1/2 a kiwi with grapes
  • A date for dessert
  • Hot tea
It was a rather large lunch. I had wanted to save the veggies and PB for snack, but I decided to have them for lunch since breakfast was small. Perhaps not the brightest decision because I'm stuffed now, but oh well!

Sandwich:



Veggies with PB:



Crackers:



Fruit (before it was mixed):



Yogurt
with fruit mixed in:



Date for dessert:




Lunch calories: ~600

No comments: