"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, September 24

Muchin Lunch

Decided to go walking before lunch today. Got 35 minutes in while talking to mom on the cell. What a nice day out there! Another 120 or so calories burned : )

Delicious and satisfying lunch today!!

I had a salad with leftover lentils (boy do I love these!), hummus, pomegranate seeds, romaine lettuce, bell pepper, zucchini and jicama, which if you haven't had it before is sort of like a cross between a water chestnut and .....a potato?



Here's the jicama up close:



Also had a cup of cantaloupe:



And Kashi crackers (7 grain), which I loooooove:



All together:



This lunch was so good. Perhaps from all the crunching and filling salad ingredients. I had planned a cottage cheese too, but I'll hold off on that for a while.

Lunch calories: ~350 (Rather low, so I'm sure I'll have something else sooner rather than later)

-120 walking.

No comments: