"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Monday, September 3

Labor Day Recap


Gotta type fast, as I'm out of time for the evening!!

Woke up very slow moving after last night's eating/drinking fest. After some tea and pittering around, I decided to satisfy my craving to bake and made the blueberry vitamuffins I've been starting at in the pantry for months. The box has " 1 1/2 cup water" on it, so I couldn't decide if that was 1.5 cups or one half cup. Normally cooking instructions wouldn't be written like the second interpretation, but the consistency of the mix was so perfect after only 1/2 a cup that I went with that. Well, I think I was wrong, as the muffins are a little small/dense. Oh well!


For breakfast I had Greek yogurt, fruit and almond slivers, and a muffin:



A while after that, I decided the best way to make myself feel better was a run. I was supposed to take the day off, but my legs felt fine and I needed to sweat. Almost 4 miles in 32 minutes. 300 calories. Felt better!

For lunch I made a mish-mosh salad and had a yogurt on the side:



Salad:
  • Quinoa (a really healthy grain like couscous)
  • Italian green beans
  • Frozen peas
  • Frozen corn
  • Shredded carrot
  • Cucumber
  • Orange sections
  • Kidney beans
  • Orange juice + honey mustard + 2 tsp EVOO + 2 tsp hazelnut oil, which added a nutty flavor
Husband and I then went to Trader Joe's for some excitement. I came home with some lemongrass-chili peanuts, which I had for a snack:



Followed by some watermelon a little later:



And finally, dinner. We argued a bit over what to make, but I let husband make his choice: Asparagus, mushrooms and squash roasted over pasta with a Roquefort sauce:



The "sauce" ended up being a really strong, salty, milky, runny sauce on the bottom of the bowl, but the flavor was good. I didn't think it would be filling, but it was!

After dinner we went on a 45-minute walk. Whew!

I came home and had a little sweet treat. Hazelnut soy ice cream (the 2 tbsp or so that was left!) and a Trader Joe's cappuccino ice cream ball:



Until tomorrow!

Total calories: Roughly 1600. A nice cut-back from yesterday!

No comments: