"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, September 12

Kath and the Giant Peach



Yup, my peach was huge!!!

Husband and I went for a 4.8 mile run this morning. In the dark. I would call it a Sunrise Run but the sun didn't come up! I miss those days of mid-summer when the sun came up at 5:30. 400 calories burned!

Before my run, I had a 1/2 small banana and some Trader Joe's Natural Peanut Butter ($1.59). I have to say it wasn't nearly as good as Harris Teeter's ($3.59). I think I'm going to go back to HT's. TJ's was too runny and lacked flavor. It didn't taste like peanuts!



But for breakfast I do have TJ's product I love. 120 calories per cup and high fiber. And the raisins and almonds add the perfect touch. And it's CHEAP!



So here's cereal with the peach:



Also had 1.5 iced coffees (sorry for the blurry photo!)



Total breakfast calories: 425 calories. Much lower than the past few days. But I don't have a snack leftover so I'll have to find one of those later!


The husband's breakfast was quite interesting today: a 50-calorie lavash tortilla, egg + egg white omlet, bacon, cheese:

No comments: