"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, September 9

Gorgeous Sunday

Could this day be any more beautiful!?!?!

Started the day with a latte made with 1/2 cup skim milk.



A little later I had breakfast:
  • 5 oz plain yogurt
  • 3.5 oz banana
  • 1 cup frozen tropical fruit, thawed
  • 1 oz shredded wheat
  • drizzle honey


Decided to either take today off of exercise (which I probably shouldn't given last night's dinner) or save my run for before dinner. I didn't feel like going this morning.

Went grocery shopping. Got tons of fresh things! Veggies are all washed and prepared in the fridge.

I was starving for lunch but managed to make the most delicious salad:



Salad:
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Chopped veggies (cuc, squash, red pepper)
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato marinated tofu from the grocery store
  • 1/4 cup cottage cheese
  • Sprinkling of pomegranate seeds
Side Bar: I don't really like salad dressings and think they are annoying to have to make from scratch every time you want a salad (and I find most bottled dressings to be disgusting and taste fake). I get REALLY tired of vinegar-flavor on my salads, and we all know that creamy dressings aren't exactly SuperFoods. I've found that cottage cheese, when spread around a salad, makes an excellent dressing!! Give it a try instead of something from a bottle.

With the salad I had a slice of cantaloupe, some Kashi crackers, and a Trader Joe's mocha yogurt with some Fiber One in it. And a splurged on a Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't like to drink diet soda, much less the non-clear ones, but I allow myself every now and then for a break from boring water.



All together:



I'm up to about 900 calories for the day and want to keep eating :( If I do take off exercise, I'll be fine, since dinner will be about 500 or so at the most. But that doesn't leave room for snacks. I'll be sure to get in at least a 30 minute walk.

Off to take the practice GRE!

No comments: