"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, September 27

Breakfast

Today was the second day in a row I woke up 2 minutes before my alarm. How strange! I'm fighting a mild cold, so I'm a little achy, but doing OK. Tonight is nutrition class, so it'll be a long one. But it also means I get to eat dinner at the dining hall!

I volunteered to bring in some baked goods for a party at work today, so husband made chocolate chip cookies and banana nut bread yesterday (since he's currently jobless it made more sense for him to make it than me after work). He did a wonderful job!!

Started with some leftover cantaloupe and a small piece of husband's banana nut bread. Decided to try it for breakfast so I won't have any for snack:



Workout today was the first day in over a year without my heart rate monitor, which is getting a new battery. Scary!! But I've been doing my workouts so long I have the calories pretty much figured out.
  • 40 minutes elliptical
  • 10 minutes running
  • 5 minutes abs
= ~420 calories burned

Needed a quick breakfast today so I just had cereal. During my calorie-counting prime two things I never ate were cereal and sandwiches in restaurants, as I thought both were too many calories for the volume. But I've found that as long as I get one that's under 100 calories per 3/4-1 cup, then I get enough chew :) But this was a rather high-calorie breakfast for the amount of time it took me to prepare and consume it!

Trader Joe's Fruit and Fiber Cereal, a sprinkle of Life Honey Graham cereal, 3.5 oz banana, 9 oz milk:



Breakfast calories: ~485


I didn't have time to make a lunch last night so I thought it would be fun to have oatmeal for lunch! I'm bringing a HUUUGE apple, cottage cheese, and oatmeal to have. Should be a fun change! I just hope I'm in the mood for breakfast at lunch and not something savory. I need to try to have some protein/meat at dinner, but that all depends on what Queens cooks up. It's not exactly the most varied dining hall.

See you at snacktime!

No comments: