"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, September 28

9 A Day

Lunch was full of fruit and veggies! I'm sure I've met my daily requirements already.

I'll definitely be having the "complete breakfast" again because it held me all the way to lunch. I wasn't even that hungry on my way there at noon, but of course I ate anyways : )

Got a huge vegetable salad:
  • 1/2 c of tofu
  • 1/4 c edamame bean salad
  • marinated mushrooms
  • spinach
  • mixed greens
  • romaine
  • broccoli and cauliflower
  • lots of shredded carrots
  • sprouts
  • a tiny bit of sesame goddess dressing


The tofu was sooooooo good!!!!!! I just love the way they do it. Slightly sweet and in a very mild soy-base marinade (no oil). I thought about getting salmon to put on top, but I passed. Also considered hummus, but I skipped that to avoid asking for it. I avoided the hummus/pita chip samples with gum on my way in. And I decided that I wouldn't miss the nuts/raisins that always tempt me at the end of the salad bar. I was right!

Then I figured my lunch was too small (only about 250 calories) so I needed either a grain, dairy or fruit to round it out. Grains weren't available single-serving, fruit seemed boring. So I got a Fage yogurt, but I didn't even end up eating it!!! I decided when I was done with my salad that I was full and would save it for a snack. I also got an unsweet tea.



So this is the grocery store famous for its lunch-time samples. I decided before lunch that I would have a single oatmeal cookie sample afterwards and be on my way, which is exactly what I did:



Counted it as 40 calories, or "half a large oatmeal cookie" in Calorie King.

So then I walked around the shopping center some and decided to check out Carolina Smoothies. We had this place in Davidson my freshman year that eventually closed, but it had the best Triple Berry Smoothie. Well this place was very similar, so I decided fruit would be a good way to round out my smallish-lunch since I never ate the Fage (and had no spoon). So I got the Berry Blast, which is just pureed fruit and a little apple juice, for 211 calories. I drank half of it and the other half is waiting in the work fridge for snacktime!



So total lunch calories came to about 475. And I have a snack included in that!

Sweet....

Just gotta get through four more hours of work and let the Fall weekend begin! We're going to a culinary festival tomorrow that could be VERY dangerous, so I'll need to be careful. Otherwise I intend to eat 100% healthy!

No comments: