"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Thursday, August 30

Workout + Breakfast

Pre-workout
Just water today

Workout
4.2 mile run in 37:35 // 8.55 pace

Breakfast
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup grapes
1/2 oz almond slices
Serving Fiber One
Iced coffee + splash milk

I forgot to photograph breakfast - oops! I was too excited to eat! Once I get in the swing of blogging I'll remember. But here's an old picture of my fruit, yogurt and fiber one breakfasts, although today's was bigger and better!



Decided to run this morning instead of hitting the gym. Left the house at 5:55am with the husband and did our 4.2 mile route around the neighborhood. It was a good run - I had lots of energy. We ran the first 2 miles in the dark, in silence, and spent the second 2 talking about what makes a meal keep you full. Turns out his body is the "protein and fat" type and mine takes grains, weight and fiber to stay full. Hence the reason my breakfasts hold me the longest!

Lunch today is a delicious turkey sandwich prepared by the husband! And some other fun things.

We have a "Sweet Treats" break today at work at 3pm. I have no idea what's on the menu, but I'm armed with some Peanut Butter Puffins as my alternative, so unless there are homemade baked goods (my biggest weakness and a totally 'worth it' splurge) I'll pass.

For dinner tonight we're headed to Earth Fare, the new organic/healthy grocery store in town with my mother in law for big salads from the huge salad bar. I'm so excited, as grocery store + salad bar = my idea of the perfect outing!



No comments: