"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, September 2

Wedding Sunday

Our friends got married this afternoon at a 2pm ceremony at a botanical garden and now we're taking a break before the 5:30pm reception. The ceremony was nice but hot! So we've got some time to kill and then we're headed to Crate and Barrel for a little gift card shopping and then uptown for a night of ....eating?!

Today began with a banana and peanut butter before husband and I took off on a 5.4 mile run.



The weather was perfect - cool and crisp. I did pretty well keeping up on the run, but my joints were aching by the time we finished.

After a shower, I had some fresh and frozen fruit and an English muffin for breakfast. I learned about a new (expensive = high class) brand of frozen fruit from work (we might be working on their PR) called Europe's Best so I decided to see if it was all they said it is. Well, it was! I got the tropical mix of kiwi, pineapple, peaches, mango and cantaloupe. I let it defrost some and added some fresh raspberries. Yum! English muffin was topped with some blackberry-brandy preserves.



After a few episodes on the Food Network, we had to eat lunch earlier than we wanted to leave for the wedding at 1pm. I made the healthiest salad ever along with a size of Kashi 7-grain crackers.



SuperFoods Salad:
  • 1/2 cup each of Italian beans, sugar snap peas and corn blanched in hot water and put in an ice bath (on the bottom)
  • Fresh cucumber and green pepper
  • 1/2 oz walnuts
  • Baby romaine
  • 1 tbsp mixed dried fruit
  • 1 tbsp pomegrante seeds
  • 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato bean dip
  • 1/4 cup leftover kidney beans
So many superfoods! I hate salad dressings so I just ate it plain, using the bean dip as a "mixer." I encourage people to change to just using vinegar for salad dressings and then gradually weaning themselves from that. I find that if I have good ingredients on my salad, I don't even want a dressing because then I can't taste all the yummy things!! If I have a gross salad (some restaurants or just iceburg lettuce), I always need a tiny bit of dressing and dip my fork in.

Another one of lunch together:



Now I'm off to have a yogurt before we head to the reception!

I'm hoping to photograph some of what I have at the wedding (if it works out) so expect at least a picture of the cake!

Kath

No comments: