Dinner tonight was a Southern Feast!!
On the menu:
- Pork chop, chopped and sauteed in collard greens with mushrooms and a bit of bacon
- Oven-fried buttermilk Okra
- "Pumpkin Pie"
- Small glass of Sauvignon Blanc
Pork and collard greens (I had 3 oz of pork and there was 1/2 a slice of bacon in the recipe - no oil)
Okra. It's dredged in egg, buttermilk (low-fat), seasoning and cornmeal, and baked for 30 minutes. About 150 calories for 1/4 of the recipe, which is shown on the white plate closest to the camera. I ended up eating about 1/3 of the recipe though, because it was SOOOO good!!!
And some WINE!
The meal was surprisingly satisfying. This is only my second time having collard greens despite growing up in Carolina (the first being two weeks ago!). It's so good and has more chew than spinach.
I decided I should have a Calorie King-famous "Diva Pancake" for breakfast since they've been the talk of the site recently. For those of you who are unfamiliar:
Diva Pancakes a.k.a. Nekkid Pancake:
- 1/4 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
- Pinch of baking powder
- Seasonings + additives to taste (common ones are dried cherries, chocolate chips, frozen blueberries, etc.)
2) Heat skillet, dump on batter and form into large circle (some do this naked, then get dressed, then flip it, then finish getting dressed - or something like that to get the alternative name)
3) When pancake slides around in pan when you shake it, it's time to flip.
So for my version, I eyed the leftover pumpkin and thought I'd give it a try. So I added about 2 tbsp pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg to produce the following:
I'll show you the result tomorrow!!!
So I had a little bit of pumpkin left so I decided to make Pumpkin Pie for dessert tonight. (I didn't really need dessert - nor was I craving it - but I decided to have it since pumpkin is a superfood!)
- About 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 3 ginger snap cookies (10 calories each)
- Like 10 raisins
- 1 tsp brown sugar
So I went with Option C today. I didn't really think about calories. I just ate. And ate as healthy as I could (minus the wine!). So now I'm going to do a rough estimate to see how I did...
Appx dinner calories:
Pork - 150
Collards + Shrooms - 50
Bacon (1/2) - 20
Okra - 200 (a high estimate)
Wine - 100
Add that to the 1200 or so from before and I'm around 1725. Dessert makes roughly 1800. Perfect! Especially with -500 through workout and walk.
See you all in the AM for my pancake!
Shout outs to my new readers:
- The Vets (glad I inspired you Brady! Meredith, you're right about the aperitif - I never knew that!)
- Brenda from CK
- Meggers from CK
- Elle from CK
- The Husband
- My mom, occasionally but she's not doing a good motherly job of keeping up considering how much she's on the internet!
AND DAMMIT THERE WAS JUST A ROACH IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!