"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Tuesday, September 11

Salad Lunch

Breakfast may have been big, but I didn't even THINK about food until 10:30 am and still wasn't hungry when I arrived at Earth Fare for salads with a friend (but we had determined an 11:45 meeting time so I couldn't just wait longer).

I still had a huge salad despite not being hungry. It was mostly veggies plus some beans:



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 cup spring mix
  • Raw broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, sprouts, cabbage
  • 1/4 cup curried chicken salad
  • 1 slice BBQ Tofu
  • 2 tbsp corn-black bean salad
  • 1/4 cup each of garbanzo beans and edamame
  • 1 shrimp
  • 2 gingered carrots
  • 2 grilled asparagus spears
  • 1 tbsp or so of feta cheese
  • 1 corncake thing that was really good (!)
  • Literally like a 1/4 tsp of balsamic vinaigrette that I didn't care for
I'm pretty hungry now (it's 3pm - I had a timely work thing that called before I could update). I think I'll go have a snack!


And a final shout out to RUMMIE, who I forgot as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for remembering me! I like that you put receipes on here...I'm going to try those pancakes this weekend!