"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Sunday, September 16

Lunch

Not sure if it was the oatmeal pancake or that it's Sunday, but I didn't get hungry for lunch until 2pm - and I still wasn't that hungry. Went grocery shopping and to Target and had lots of fun!

For lunch I used leftover chicken breast meat to make a pineapple-chicken salad.
Ingredients:
  • 3 oz chicken breast (or 1 can tuna)
  • 1/2 can crushed pineapple or chunk pineapple, minced
  • 1 oz plain yogurt
  • 1 tbsp toasted almond, chopped (or pecans or walnuts)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 drizzle honey mustard
  • Two 4" stalk pieces of celery, chopped
I put some of it on some homemade bread and made panini:



I mixed the rest of it with some romaine lettuce for a "salad" and added some pomegranate seeds:



Lastly, I had a raspberry non-fat yogurt topped with raspberries and pom. seeds: I added some Fiber One to this after the photo was taken (sorry!)



Yum!!

Lunch calories:
Chicken salad - 245
Bread - 115
Yogurt - 90
Raspberries - 20
Pom seeds - 10
Fiber One - 30
Total: 510 calories

I snacked on 1 piece of cheese and a cookie sample at the grocery store. Add 100 calories to my day!

Making a homemade tomato sauce for dinner. I also baked some butternut squash for fun to have in my lunches. And I got some tapioca to make pudding, but I'm not sure how I'm going to use it yet. Might save it for after dinner.

No comments: