"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Wednesday, September 12

Fancy Dinner

We made a big chicken dinner for our good friend from college.

I ate too much :(

Photo recap only - I have to go read my nutrition textbook, which won't be fun when I'm so full!!

The chicken:



What I ate: (I ate about 2/3 of the top part of that breast - the bottom was all bones)



Homemade biscuits (180 calories each - I had 1.25)



I had three glasses this size, which I'm guessing is about 6 oz?



I stood over this and nibbled for 10 minutes!!!!!!!!



I feel like a huge pig, but when I count it all out, I didn't even hit 2,000 calories today!

Dinner: ~800
  • Chicken, 200
  • Biscuit, 200
  • Wine, 150
  • Potatoes, 100
  • Veggies + juices, 100
Lunch: ~ 450
2 Snacks: ~ 135
Breakfast: 425

Total: 1810 calories. How can that be!?!?! I really wasn't hungry today at all!!

Exercise: 400 + 75 = -475

= 1335 net.

I'll take it! Although i still feel the need to cut back tomorrow. My mouth is SOOO salty right now and I'm too full for water!

Night :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath! Your amazing picnic lunch inspired me to go the Container Store and buy an insulated lunch bag and a ton of tuperware so I can start toting meals to school. No more finagling lunch and dinner out of whatever I can find in the library cafe!

Brenda said...

That looks like a great dinner, especially the biscuits! I had breakfast for dinner because the hubby got called into work :(

Veronica's...Highway to Health said...

I love love love reading your blog. You are so creative. I am getting so many new ideas of what to eat the healthy way.