"Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants." -Michael Pollan

Friday, October 5

Exciting Lunch!

I had to go by my doctor's office during lunch and decided to just "find a place to eat" along the way. I spotted the PERFECT place: a little corner restaurant called "Crisp" with green funky awnings. I knew it would be a great salad place. I was right! Unfortunately I can't find anything online about this place despite the fact that it had a chain feel. They had a "build your own salad" option as well as featured salads and sandwiches. I built my own (you're limited to 5 toppings without paying extra so I figured I should make mine mostly vegetables):
  • Mixed greens
  • Garbanzo beans
  • Grilled mushrooms
  • Broccoli
  • Shredded carrots
  • Pear slices
  • Honey dijon dressing (I wanted the Roasted Lemon but it had onions it in)


Salads come with a breadstick. It was nice and salty but would have been much better warmed. I ate it all anyways!





Since the salad wasn't particularly filling, I added a cup of the most delicious Split Pea Soup I've ever had!! I could taste Parmesan cheese in it, so I'm guessing it wasn't very healthy. I ate about 3/4 of the amount and logged it as 200 calories. I'll probably have the rest for a snack!



After lunch I had 15 minutes to kill to procrastinate going back to the office so I stopped into the Kings Drive Farmer's Market. There were tons of fresh things that I wanted to buy but I wasn't in the mood to lug vegetables around, so I settled on a mini loaf of whole wheat bread!

I also sampled some pound cake and pecan pie (I was practically forced to try it!). Yum!!

Total lunch calories (including samples): ~510


Breakfast this morning held me over pretty well, but I had a handful of almonds and peanuts at 11:00 when my stomach started to growl. It's amazing how well a few little nuts can tide hunger! Calories: ~55.



The good news is I had a fun, different lunch. The bad news is I don't feel that full. I might have to go back for more soup soon....

No comments: